Feb 11, 2008

Young love

It really was good to meet so many people from the old parish yesterday. The church was much bigger then I remember it, but the people were just as friendly. We had a good service where I spoke and then we had cake and coffee afterwards. This was followed by a trip to the working men’s club, the innisfree, and it was great to see so many people I knew. Apparently the pool team have gone from strength to strength since I left and they have the trophies to prove it. We went back to the vicarage for lunch which was a real treat, not having to make it ourselves. The house looked bigger than I remember it, but that was probably because we have too much big furniture. Anyway, I’m off to do an assembly on love in the high school, which is appropriate as it is where I first started going out with Gill, when she was only 13. Sweet memories.

No comments: