Jan 2, 2009

Happy New Year


This time last year and the year before I was planning to go walking in the cold. Last January I went to Yorkshire and camped in the snow and the year before I was up on high street in the Lake District being battered in my tent by a 16 hour storm. On reflection, while such activity may be character building, I am pleased that this year I have decided to wait until end of May, and beginning of June to have a spell under canvas. (Nylon really - but it doesn't have the same ring to it) The photo shows me with my very big head - just a strange angle - and Gill being warm together instead of me hiking off into the cold. This morning it was slippery underfoot as Gill and I walked the dog. We ended up off the beaten track and Gill fell. I was very impressed with the lack of fuss she made. When I fall I try and make a big deal out of it for maximum sympathy. Maybe she just had a soft landing in the brambles. I think I will resolve not to complain so much about aches and pains in 2009. I am sure it is becoming a bit of a bad habit. I wonder how long it will last. I have abandoned my copper bracelet, convincing myself it can't possibly be doing me any good and I am fed up of having a blue wrist. I like this time of year wondering what lies ahead. For now, it's preparation for Sunday, three funerals to contemplate and taking son Tom shopping ready to go back to university.

No comments: