Jul 5, 2008

Remember to show hospitality to strangers

Today is my first Sunday back where I will be leading services. I want to tell everyone about my adventure but it would take far too long (even for my lengthy sermons!!). Today I will talk about three days that fit in well with the set readings for today. They are about rejoicing, dealing with sin, and handing over heavy burdens. I'll let you look through the blog archive and see if you can find illustrations to match. This photo is a man called Donald who we met outside the Cross Keys pub in Ancrum. Ancrum is in Scotland near the English border. It is a place that enjoys Scottish v English rivalry. As soon as he heard we were wanting a place to camp he opened his home and invited us in. A genuinely nice guy, maybe I should be more like him. (But without the long hair!!)

No comments: